Dance comp season is in full swing which means we spend all of our weekends at dance comps. I got to see the girls do their solos for the first time onstage. This one was so fun because I went with Brynnli backstage and I got to see her dance from a different view. Brynnli's dance is a sassy jazz titled, "Got that Look". Brynnli is now competing in the intermediate category. She has some tougher competition in the more advanced category, but she is doing great.
Little dinner break between solos, then it was Makayla's turn. Makayla is doing a lyrical solo to the song "Thank You". I love her costume and she always dances so beautifully in lyrical numbers.
Both girls are looking forward to more solo competitions. Then the following week the girls had another competition. We got to see the Makayla and Harper's duo onstage for the first time. They are doing a creepy contemporary dance titled, "Don't let me Catch you Sleeping". I love this dance and their evil faces are on point.
Fun fact: Makayla gives us this same look when she is annoyed with us.
Award time!
Makayla did her solo next and did so well. She was in the running for overalls, but got knocked out at the last minute. She placed 2nd in her category.
Are you wondering why Brynnli didn't do her solo at this competition? That's because the night before competition, Brynnli woke us up at 11:00 at night and said her stomach hurt. We had her drink some water and sent her back to bed only for her to run to the bathroom a few minutes later and throw up. We were hoping this was a one and done throw up, but no. Brynnli ended up throwing up over 20 times in a 24 hour period. I felt so bad for her and she was so sad she couldn't compete her solo.
I talked to the competition director and explained the situation and asked if she was feeling better the next day if she could compete her solo. They said yes, so we hoped she would be ok the next day. Brynnli slept the whole day, but was finally able to start holding food down. She decided she would try to compete her solo, and guess what? She did such a good job!! You would have had no idea she had the flu just the day before. I tell ya, kids are amazing!!
Then it was team competition. Brynnli was feeling pretty weak, but she powered through. I was so proud of her. I love watching our girls perform and all of their team dances did really well. Brynnli didn't have to pretend she didn't feel good in this picture.
The next week we were at another competition and during one of our breaks Makayla and Caden walked to the gas station with Tyler. They were only supposed to get a slurpee, but somehow they walked out with hot dogs, donuts, and slurpees. Tyler is such a push over.
Brynnli's team is so fun. They all had a team dinner together during the break. Then they went out and crushed all of their dances. Their hip hop dance ended up receiving 1st overall of all the dances in the beginning category. I absolutely love Brynn in her hip hop. She has so many great facials and is really good at hip hop for a white girl!!
I predict more dance in our future.



No comments:
Post a Comment