Tuesday, June 30, 2026

June Fun

Now that the kids are home for the Summer, they get to hang out with Grandma Kathy. Brynnli is literally the best with Grandma. She is so patient and helpful. Grandma even called Brynnli her best friend.  I found them outside swinging together. 

One day before the kids were out of school I had my mom. It's not unusual for my  mom to wonder around our house, so it took me a while to realize I had not seen her. I went looking and found her sound asleep on Brynnli's bed. 
Caden is playing with the Bingham freshman basketball team in a few tournaments. He is having fun and learning a lot. I don't know if we are ready for this next stage of basketball. 
Brynnli hosted a store and all of us got to spend our "Brynnli Bucks". We got lots of fun trinkets and homemade mystery bags. Brynnli is just the best. 
Tyler and I celebrated our 17th anniversary with a night away. We left the kids home alone overnight for the first time and they did great... in fact, I think they loved it. We might have to do this more often because it was the greatest get away for me and Tyler. We stayed at the Little America Hotel, went swimming, went to Melting Pot for dinner, slept in, and went to lunch at Red Iguana. It was super fast, but we had the best time. 

My nephew Preston got married in Ephriam, so we made the 2 hour drive down for it. We stopped in Moroni to see my grandparents', Aunt Karen, and Uncle Dennis' graves. 


Then it was off to Roy's Pizza for lunch. The kids gave it 2 thumbs up. 
Then it was off to Preston's wedding Preston is Ryan's oldest. He's probably the most normal of the 3 boys. His wife Kaylie is from Manti/Ephriam area. The wedding was very cute and very entertaining. We definitely felt like we were in a small town. 



Basketball Tournaments are a regular thing for us now. This time Caden was helping with the Bingham sophomore team. 
Time for Bella to get a haircut! She definitely needed one. Here's her before and after. Cutest little puppy!!


First time swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's pool for this summer. Brynnli is part fish and I basically had to drag her out of the pool when it was time to leave. If it was up to her, she would have spent the entire day at the pool. 



We had a birthday party for Mr.  Monkey. Do you remember how Mr. Monkey came to live in our house? Last year I took Brynnli and Caden to the zoo. We went to one of the shows where they were giving prizes if you answered a question correctly. Brynnli didn't win, so we had to go back to the later show so she could try to answer the question and win the prize. Brynnli ended up winning and her prize was a stuffed monkey. I was teasing her that the stuffed animal was going  to end up in the toy box after a few days and she said it was going to stay on her bed for the whole year. Well looks like Brynnli won that one because not only did it stay on her bed for the whole year, but we also had to have a birthday party to celebrate Mr. Monkey's achievement. The birthday party was actually really cute because we had banana bread for dessert, played pin the banana on the tree, and gave Mr. Monkey lots of presents he really loved. 


The party was so exciting Tyler fell asleep. 
I guess that will teach me to make a bet against Brynnli. 

Makayla and Brynnli headed up to Girls Camp this month. They had so much fun with the girls in the ward. They went rock climbing, paddle boarding, stayed up late, braved the polar plunge, and had so much fun. I thought Brynnli would be homesick since this was her first time away at a girls camp, but she said she didn't miss me at all. I think having Makayla there helped. I'm so glad our girls get to do things like this together. And all the leaders told me how impressed they were with our girls. Makayla was so helpful and nice to the younger girls and I guess Brynnli was the bravest of them all and was the smallest girls to go on the high mountain for repelling. 
While the girls were away, Caden had a basketball tournament. He got to play with the Bingham Freshman team, and then with his Valley team later in the week. Valley needed some extra players for the other team, so Caden ended up playing 11 games in 5 days. 


This week's swimming was at the West Jordan pool... just me and Brynnli this time. Check out that amazing toe touch off the high diving board. 

Sometimes Bella needs to be carried on our puppy walks. 
One of these things just doesn't belong here... can you guess which one?

Tyler's Aunt Jo is coaching a professional softball team, and their team played the Utah Talons, so we got to go to the game and see her coach. It was an incredibly hot night, but it was so fun to see Jo doing what she loves. 

My best friend Emily was in town visiting from Georgia. Emily and I have been best friends since college and I was just so sad when she got married and moved away. We picked right back up where we left off and talked for hours over lunch. 
Brynnli has been watching a lot of "Nailed it" and she decided to recreate the show. She made a look alike Daisy Duck and I would say she did a pretty amazing job. I would say she totally nailed it!

June is for weddings and we got to attend Ryan and Ashley's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and so fun to celebrate the two of them. You would think I would have got a picture with both of them, right? Nope, so you'll just have to settle for this cute family picture of us. We danced the night away and Brynnli ended up catching the bouquet!!



To end our fun month, we went to see Toy Story 5 with the Jonesies. I loved this movie and it reminded me of Brynnli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment