Saturday, April 4, 2026

Game On: The 14th Level Begins

My favorite Buddy is turning 14 and I am in disbelief that he is getting so old. Caden is seriously the best kid. He is always happy, goes with the flow, never causes conflict. He's a hard worker, a great athlete, and a great student. But yes, he is a typical teenager. He eats like no other and sometimes he can get into "obnoxious teenage boy" mode. That one I could do without. Even if he does enter obnoxious mode, we were so excited to celebrate another year older. 

We got back from our vacation the night before Caden's birthday. He woke up to presents and cinnamon rolls. 


Caden got some new basketball shoes, Legos, clothes, and Oreo cookies. 

Later that day we had to run a few errands and get Caden a birthday dessert. We told him we would stop at the gas station and he could pick out a treat. Caden asked if his treat could be a hot dog, chips, and drink, and since it was his birthday we agreed. Did you know when Tyler was growing up they never got treats or snacks from the gas station? He thinks it is so weird that we stop to get stuff. I told him I am raising great gas station kids. 

For dinner, Caden requested homemade pizza. Then we were off to the Bees Game where Caden got to meet Bumbl. We told him it was Caden's birthday, so he made a big deal about it. 







The game was surprisingly cold, and they ended up having a double header, so we stayed for a few hours and then came home for Caden's favorite: cookie cake. 
The following week it was amazing weather for Caden's family party. We had pizza and the kids played baseball before we started the traditional basketball game. Everyone did great, but it a unique turn of events, Grandma Terry ended up winning 1st place, with Carson in 2nd, and Ashley in 3rd. That may be the most unique group of winners we have ever seen. Grandma Terry kept laughing and saying, "I can't believe I won!!!"


After the game Caden opened presents. He was spoiled with a lot of clothes, gift cards, and money. The best part is that we told Caden he had to give everyone a hug after he opened their gift and he totally did it! It was funny when he hugged the Jones boys because they just didn't know what to do. 




We sang Happy Birthday to Caden and he blew out the candles on his cupcakes. 

For Caden's friend party this year we decided to keep it low key and just invite a few friends to a movie. They saw the Mario Galaxy movie and then hung out at our house after. 


Happy Birthday Caden! I love the great young man you are turning into. You are such a good example to everyone around you. You work so hard in basketball and school, and I am so impressed every quarter when you earn a 4.0. You are a great leader with your friends and your church group. You are so helpful at home and are always asking if there's anything I need. You are funny and always know how to make us laugh. I am so honored to be your mom and can't wait to see what this year has in store for you. We love you, Buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment