Friday, April 3, 2026

Sunny San Diego for Spring Break


For Spring break this year we decided to go to San Diego. It was a very needed get away and a great reminder of how much fun we have together. We decided to leave as soon as Tyler woke up, and in true Tyler fashion, he was up before 4 am, so we headed off to our adventure very early. The kids and I slept until about Cedar City, so half of our drive was already done. 


We stopped for Starbies and since Makayla needs driving hours before she turns 16, Tyler thought it would be a great idea to have her drive... through Vegas. I did not think that was the smartest idea, but I got out voted. Makayla ended up doing great and drove for about 3 hours. 


The kids slept in the back, played games and watched movies. Then we finally made it to our hotel. We stayed at Bahia Resort. This was the perfect place to stay because they have their own private beach, and we were just a short walk to Mission Beach. We ended the night with swimming at the hotel pool and then headed to bed for a full day in San Diego. 





The next morning we played pickleball and spent some time at the private beach. 





Then we ventured downtown for dinner and explored SeaPort. 
Fun fact, we were at this same carousel when we came here a few years ago before our Disney cruise, but none of the kids remembered going on it. Look how much they have grown up in just a few years. 




Then we were off to our next adventure which was our very first MLB game!! We got to see the Padres vs. Giants. The baseball field was so cool and was right in the middle of down town. 



The Padres were losing the whole game and were down by 3 until the last inning. The Padres were last at bat and one of the players hit a home run, so they were only down by 1. It was so exciting! Caden was taking a video at the perfect time and got the home run on his phone!! Unfortunately the next at bat got out, so they lost, but we had fun watching them. 

The next day we spent at Sea World. The last time we were here, Brynnli was only 3, so she didn't remember anything. We were so glad we could go back again so she could experience Sea World. The kids loved the doctor fish that eat all the dead skin off your hands. 
We got to see sea lions and the kids were imitating them. 

Check out this cool picture!
You're never to old for a piggy back ride from dad!!
Kids and their phones these days. Even when we are on vacation they have to keep checking their phones. 
I have a weird fascination with Orcas. I think they are amazing, so I was so excited for the orca show. I told the kids all about the documentary Blackfish and how the Orca show at SeaWorld had to change because of the orca that ate the trainer. They were grossed out, and I promised them we would watch the documentary when we got home. Luckily no trainers were eaten during our viewing of the orca show and the kids thought the tricks were pretty cool. 

Sea turtles are my other favorite sea animal. I find it weird that I like so many sea animals even though I am totally grossed out by them. 


No pictures of this, but we liked the rides at Sea World, even though some of them had really long waits. We really liked Manta and Electric Eel. We didn't think we were going to have time to ride "Journey to Atlantis" but Brynnli insisted we go on it and I'm glad we listed to her because it was a really fun ride, especially at night. We all got wet on it, but it was our last ride, so it was fine. Lesson learned: listen to Brynnli. 

Day 3 in San Diego we rented paddle boards and spent the whole afternoon at the beach. It was amazing and we had really great weather. The kids were so good at the paddle boards and spent hours on them. 








That night we ventured back to Seaport Village. We had an amazing view of the sunset by the Midway aircraft carriers. We went shopping for our souvis, and got some dessert. 


The next morning some of us were ready for more fun, and others wanted to hang out on their phones. 
We decided to go to Cornado Beach and stopped for gas in Old Town. Inflation is crazy right now, but can you believe gas is almost $7 a gallon!?



Coronado was super cold, so we didn't spend too much time here. We did find time for my favorite beach past time: writing in the sand. 



We had lunch at the cutest pizza place then headed to see the movie "Hail Mary". On our way back to the hotel we asked Chat GPT for a recommendation of a local place and we ended up at this cute place. The food was amazing! I wish I could remember the name of this place. 


We wanted to spend one last night at Mission Beach and got some great photos. 



Our last morning Brynnli woke up early with me and Tyler and we went on a long walk. I think Brynnli just wanted to come along to get hot chocolate with us. 
We spent a few hours at the private beach and then headed back home. 




 This was one of my favorite trips and I would totally come back here again! I love spending time with my family and experiencing new adventures together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment