Saturday, May 30, 2026

May-Cember

"May"cember is a real thing. It's busy like Christmas time, but just at the end of the school year. We had so many fun things this month: 

Caden performed in his last choir concert for the year. Caden had a great time in mixed choir this year. 


Makayla performed one last time with the middle school dance company. She choreographed one of the dances and it was a hip hop routine called "Secret Service." My favorite part was when they did the "Trump dance" to YMCA. 
Tyler went out of town and I took the kids to see the new movie "Michael" based off of Michael Jackson's life. I really liked it and Caden said it was the best movie he has ever seen in the movie theater. Tyler felt bad that he didn't get to see it, so these three went together to see it again.  
Caden had one last game of the spring season with Valley. When we walked into the building Tyler recognized Thurl Bailey who used to play for the Jazz and who announces for them. Caden really wanted a picture with him, but he was too scared to ask. so Tyler went with him and asked. Thurl Bailey said he would only say yes to a picture if Caden asked, so Caden got up the courage. Thurl Bailey was so funny because he said, "now was that so scary to talk to me?" Then asked Caden how old he was and said, "Are you going to have your dad ask a girl on a date for you because you're too scared?" Then Tyler reassured Caden that girls are scarier to talk to than Thurl Bailey. He is really tall!!

Caden played great this game and got 2, 3 pointers. 

Caden goes to Shoot 360 for extra practice where he can practice shooting drills, dribbling, and other skills. He really likes it and ended up being "Player of the Month" because his scoring percentage improved so much. Great job Caden!!

We had one glorious week off of dance and then it was time for the new season to start. Brynnli tried out at Synergy again and made the team Pinnacle. 

Makayla is most likely switching studios and is going to go to Empower. She tried out at that studio and also made Team Pinnacle. So ironic that they are both on the same team, but at different studios. Speaking of Makayla, I just need to take a minute to explain how proud I am of her. Makayla tried out for drill team and dance company at the high school. In both cases she made it through first cuts, but did not make either team, and she was heart broken. I was too because I have seen how hard she works, especially this season. She should have made the team, but there are just so many talented girls, and too many politics, and she just didn't make the cut. For a while she said she was done with dance and I was heart broken to see her almost give up something she loves so much. Then she decided to try again one more year. She decided to switch studios where she would be challenged more and she decided to work hard for another year. I think that decision makes me prouder than any team she could have made. So I guess we will see what happens this year with two dancers at two different studios. 

I told the kids on Mother's Day that what I wanted was to spend one on one time with each kid for at least 30 minutes a week, and they could choose what we do. So far I have gone to the park with Brynnli, to the puppy store with Caden and driving around town with Makayla. We usually get a treat during that time and the only rule is that they have to tell me all about the things going on in their lives. I have really loved this time and hope we can continue it. 



We went up to The Land for Memorial Day. Makayla said she wanted to go tanning, so Tyler said we could go up the mountain where the UV would be better. We went with the Jones boys and as we were driving up on the 4 wheelers, it started to get colder and colder... then we started to see more snow on the ground, and I wondered if I misunderstood Tyler about where we were going. Eventually we were stuck in the snow and couldn't go any farther. We were all teasing Makayla that she was not going to get a good tan here. but this turned out to make for an epic photo: 

Tyler's hands were so cold that they turned white. 
We decided that staying back at The Land was a better option. 


Memorial Day was great at The Land and we all had so much fun. 

Our Buick is having some trouble, so we have to cram everyone into the Honda. To prevent the kids from fighting, Tyler has to sit in the back between them. Ugh, the things we do for our kids. 


So many fun things this month. I can't wait for summer to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment