Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Disneyland Day 1 & 2

Disneyland!!! I love being in the happiest place on earth with my favorites. Can we just take a minute to acknowledge that my kids are no longer little... they tower above me now. Well, except Brynnli... she has a few feet to grow before she beats me.  

We were so excited to ride all the rides. Tyler's favorite ride is Thunder Mountain Railroad, so we thought that should be our first ride. 
Thanks to the Lightening lane pass, we were able to hit all of our favorite rides in the first few hours. We love Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and Indiana Jones. 

We stopped for a mid day snack. Churro toffee and Tigger Tails... both were so yummy!!
Our kids have never been to Disneyland when it is not Halloween/ Christmas time. In fact they thought Haunted Mansion was actually Nightmare before Christmas because they have never been on the ride any other way. That's one of the reasons I was so adamant we go to Disneyland during the summer so the kids could see Disneyland in its true form. The kids tolerated Small World and said they liked seeing the different cultures... but they did not like the song. And now the song is stuck in your head, isn't it? 
Lunch was a combination of foods including turkey legs, garlic pretzel, and Barria grilled cheese. And you can't go to DL without getting at least on Mickey macaroon. 



The rest of the day was spent on Yesterday land (that's what we like to call it since it is not very tomorrow land) 
We watched the cavalcade 

Went on Indiana Jones and Makayla was our driver. It felt a lot like how she drives sometimes. Kidding, kidding!!
Hey look, we're eating again. This time we tried the Cookie Butter Churro Ice cream. Two thumbs up. 
More of our favorite rides including Smugglers Run, although we were disappointed it no longer said, "Shoot the Train" 

Brynnli likes the show Bluey (honestly I like the show too) and we thought the live action show would be cute. It was not. We ended up leaving half way through because in Brynnli's words, "I don't want to sit there and watch them play instruments!?"
We locked up our wild animals for Casey's Train. 
It was getting very crowded at this point, so we got our dinner on the run to get a spot for the Paint the Night Parade and fireworks. 



And after a very long day, we made it back to our hotel just before midnight with over 28,000 steps on my watch. 
The next day we were up bright and early for a fun day 2 at California Adventures. 
Our first ride was Toy Story Mania. We all love this ride. 



I used to call Caden Cader Mater, so naturally I had to get a picture of him in front of the sign. Sure do love this kid. 

We love Cars Land! Especially Luigi's ride. 


Picture perfect photos right here. I sure do love this family of mine. 




It was so incredibly hot, so we decided we should go on Grizzly River run. That may have been the wrong decision because Makayla got soaked the most out of all of us. 

It was finally time to go on our favorite ride, Guardians of the Galaxy" I told the kids we should all do the same pose, and when I suggested a thumbs up, they all made fun of me. I told them we were not going to do that, but they insisted (or they were just adding insult to injury) so we all ended up doing thumbs up. I have to admit, the picture turned out really cute.

Aww... we did live happily ever after. Makayla took our picture and said we were embarrassing. Teenagers are fun at Disneyland. 
The kids love to do the Animation academy. We got to draw Pua from Moana. I thought we all did a great job. Brynnli said she didn't like hers, and I said she could have mine, which then turned into the family joke and everyone was like, "Mom is such a good artist, maybe you could color her picture!"
The line for Radiator Springs was crazy the whole day, so we ended up buying the fast pass to get on the ride. I can't believe we spent an extra $115 dollars to ride the ride? Was it worth it? Yep. And so was the cozy cone we got. 



Our other favorite ride is the Incredicoaster. Somebody want to let Caden know that 6-7 is so last year? kidding, kidding. And did you know you're not allowed to go on the ride without getting a Jack Jack cookie afterwards? It's true. It's an Evans Family rule. 


Do you know that they are getting rid of the Monster's Inc ride? I actually love this ride, even though it seems to be broken down more than it is working. One last time seeing Mike, Sully, Boo. 
Day 2 was done, but don't worry we had 2 more fun days ahead of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment